Satara 26/9/2010

Places visited: Satara - Khinditla Ganpati, Kurneshwar, Yavteshvar.
Date: 26/9/2010
Purpose: Visit to Mina's home.
Persons: Harshal, Juilee, Aai, Baba.
It was a long awaited trip - to Mina's home in Satara.
Finally I decided to go on this Sunday - one day trip. It was a good weather - not rainy not sunny. We started from home at around 8:30 AM and I did not drove very fast even on the highway. Before Shirwal, we ate Pyatis. Here a person came to me and said "Hi", I realized that he is "Manish Joshi", my bench-mate from Ramanbag. It was a great co-incidence. I was surprized that he could identify me easily -- haha I am not at all changed - that was his comments.
We followed the villages Shirwal -> Khandala -> Vele -> Surur -> Pachwad
Then after crossing the second TollNaka at Anewadi, just before Satara, there is Dagdachi Khan, college, etc. at "Limb" gav, where we took the left lane and then from under the highway-bridge, took the right turn. Then I followed one S.T. bus which was going to Satara S.T. stand. When I reached Satara S.T. stand at 10:30 PM, I called Avinash kaka for directions. I went straight from S.T. stand ( stand is on right hand side ), then took a small right turn, and went straight, and then took a small left turn, and arrived at the deadend, - the Mina's home was there. Its a kind of big bunglow. Mina lives here on rent.
We entered house, had tea and biscuits. Mina was happy as we visited her home for the first time. I was teasing her that she never invited us. haha
After some time, Mina prepared the pav-bhaji and at 11:30, we decieded to go to some site-seeing and then come back at home for lunch.
We first went to Khinditla Ganpati which is just 10 KM from Mina's home. Its on the way to "Sajjangad". On the way, there is one bogda, from there right-turn is for Sajjangad and left-turn is for Ganpati. Its a very good and quiet place with lots of trees. In the same premises there is "Kurneshwar" devsthan. The premises has many trees and a lot of greenery. There are small steps from ganapati mandir to Kurneshwar mandir. There is no special parking space. I parked my car on the ghat road, near the entrance of the Ganpati Mandir.
Then we came out and went to the "Yavateshwar" devsthan, which is on the road to "Kaas che pathar", so that road was very crowded. Shankarachi Pindi chan sajavli hoti.
Behind the Yavteshwar also you can see some flowers ( I named it "Mini Kaas che pathar" ). There was also a big but very old well with green water.
We returned home at around 1:30 PM and then ate Pav-Bhaji. Mina prepares very tasty and good Pav-Bhaji.
Then all other people sat for chatting and watching photos. I slept as I was a little bit tired by driving. Then Juilee also took a little nap. In the evening 5:00 PM, we drank tea and then started back towards Pune at 5:30 PM.
We hadrly reached the highway, when the huge rain started pouring. It was so much dark and rainy, then I ( and other cars ) stopped along the side of the road. The rain poured for around 20 minutes. After some time the rain density got little bit reduced. So I started driving again. But, it was still difficult - bad visibility. I drove very slowly and carefully. Before Shirval, the rain stopped.
At Kamat's, Me and Juilee ate daal-khichadi.
We reached home at around 8:30.
It was a good trip.
Expenses:
Toll at Shivapur: Rs. 70 (Multiple Entry)
Toll at Anewadi: Rs. 38 (Multiple Entry)

Comments