Kamalini Kutir 14/8/2011

Places visited: Kamalini Kutir
Date: 14/8/2011
Purpose: picnic
Persons: Harshal, Juilee.


A long time awaited event. Couple of years back, when Juilee was not feeling well, she was at her mother's home and me and dilip and kartik balsubramanium swami anna ayyo appa (thats how we call him) went to this wonderful place. Since that time, this place was in the top place in my to-do list with Juilee.

Its was Sunday and we had holiday on monday for 15th august. So I guessed thay many public will be gone for long weekend at some other far places. So I chose to go at Kamalini Kutir.
It was a rainy day (perfect). We started from home at around 10:30 AM. We did not pack many things except some food, water, chocolates.
On the Khadakwasla road bought some peru as those were really very gavran and sweet.
There were few drizzles of rain and it was a perfect monsoon atmosphere. On the road to panshet, there is a signboard at right hand side of the road. We took left turn over there and Pabe Ghat started. There are few hard turns (u-pins).







On the way we haulted on many nice places to get the view of green valleys of Sahyadri and panshet dam water. We also stopped at "Sonjai Devi Mandir" on the way which also has a small water fall in the vicinity. The road here was little bumpy and with many potholes. Also because of small width, if two cars come at the same time, we need to drive carefully. There is a small bridge across this water-flow. I think this water is coming from over the mountain ranges and the farmers are using is for their paddy fields.









We saw couple of cars got down because of engine over-heating.
I suggest to get a nice hot masala tea in thermos along with you to enjoy it on the top of the hill.
We did a lot of timepass at many places on the hill. It was not too lonely but also not very crowded like panshet.
At around 1:30 PM, we reached to Kamalini Kutir. It is still exactly the same condition as we saw couple of years back. Same sanity and same nirav shantata.
We enquired if lunch can be made available and gor assertive reply. We came inside and sat on the table. I asked a persone seating next to me if he came here for stay. He instantly asked me if I am the one to write the blog about this place and appriciated my efforts. He recognized me from my photo on the blog. I got surprised.
Till then, Mr. Viraj Takalkar also came out and thanks me for the blog. Mala tar swarg don bota urla hota. Juilee la pan he aikun anand zala.
We had a good lunch - matki chi usal, shravan ghevda bhaji, kanda bhaji, poli, etc. etc Shevgya cha saar hota te mi nahi pyayla... The menu was tasty and the place was neat and clean.
Then, we sat there for some time and came out to wander. We started walking towards the river. I saw a bird and as usual, my camera is not fir for bird photography - is proved. Rain drops were making us feel full romantic. We enjoyed the cold breezes on the river for some time and then walked back and saw a car was stuck in the mud. Many people including women were trying to pull that car out. I also joined them. Ek bai neela attya sarkhi hoti.
Finally another car stopped by us and helped us to get that car out of the mud. Thise were the professional andi mutton chicken eating people - so had the guts to do these things.
After an hour of walk, and enjoying the view of grren paddy fields, we came back and asked for a tea. The person was very kind and humble. He gave us masala tea with biscuits. As we were very full with lunch, we ate only 1 biscuit.
I also enquired about booking for aai and baba, but there were no bookings available for next three months - sat and sun. Its all full. Its always good to call at least 3 months in advance.
Mr. Takalkar thanked me for writing the blog and did not charge us for this visit.
We started return journey at 4:30 PM. On the ghat way, a car came very near to me to almost hit my car. Somehow I managed to save the scratches. Mostly people find the road empty and start driving crazily.... Why do they not enjoy nature and drive slow.?????
On the khadakwalsa road, we stopped at "Dharmaji" mandir and relaxed for a while.





Distance: From my home (Manikbag, Sinhagad Road) approx. 32 KM.

Comments

  1. Hello,

    Thank u so much for this write up ... im planning to go for a bike ride next wknd 21st & 22nd to Panshet ... how can i contact this place "Kamalini Kutir" for accommodation booking ...please give some contact number ...

    thanks & please keep writing such beautiful exploratory articles ...

    cheers !

    ajay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment